jeudi 25 juin 2015

Help with global period!


Patient had an ESWL in another city by her urologist. 10 days later she ended up in the hospital in our city with obstruction in her ureter from the stone fragments, UTI and sepsis. My urologist admitted her, exchanged her stent the same day and then 3 more progress notes. Even though we did not do the ESWL I did not think we could charge the E/M visits because of the 90 day global for the ESWL. He tells me we can with the appropriate post-op modifier because he didn't do the ESWL so it is not our global package. I think he is thinking modifier 55. I don't know what to do. I don't think she was seen for a separate issue since her obstruction seems as though a result of the ESWL to me. Please help!



Help with global period!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire