vendredi 25 septembre 2015

Career Advice

I'm not sure where to start, but I'm looking for some career guidance.
Currently, I am a receptionist at a veterinary hospital and I don't have any experience coding (nor the opportunity to since they don't have medical coding for veterinary services). After I get my certification, I understand that I will be designated as CPC-Apprentice. I purchased the modules and assessments that count as 1 year experience toward removal of the apprentice label. I plan to take the ICD-10 course once I've taken/passed my ICD-9 certifcation exam (I take it this Saturday).
Should I look for internships to get more experience? Is it possible to keep my full time job and do medical coding part time in order to get experience, and then eventually be a coder full time? Or is there a better way to go about this?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Emily


Career Advice

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire