mercredi 30 septembre 2015

New vs Established

I?m hoping to get some clarification in regards to a New vs Established patient visit. I work for an Occupational Health and Immediate Care Clinic.
We do physical exams for companies with new hires and bill the company directly for the physical exams. If a patient that was seen for a physical returns within three years for treatment of an injury or for an illness would the patient be considered a New or Established patient? My understanding is that if patient is seen by a provider within our organization for a physical exam then returns within three years it would be an established visit. One of my co-workers seems to think patient should be considered a New visit because we did not bill an insurance company for the physical exam. Am I right or wrong? Any input is much appreciated.


:confused:


New vs Established

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire