mercredi 28 janvier 2015

Fluoroscopic x-rays

I work for a neurosurgeon. He owns his own C-arm and sometimes does x-rays on patients by using it to check on placement of devices and hardware. I am new to the field and was told when I started to bill x-ray codes. A new nurse started working and said we are supposed to bill 76001. She also said for Medicare you HAVE to put a 26/TC modifier on it. I have NEVER heard of that before - using those together.

An example of a study my doctor would do is

"C-arm fluoroscopic AP and Latera Views X-rays of thoracic and lumbar spine to evaluate the Spinal Cord Pain epidural stimulator leads and battery."


The nurse told my doc to bill

99215

76001 - 26/TC (she said the modifiers are for Medicare ONLY).


Can anyone offer any assistance or insight to this code and how to bill it when your doctor reads/intrepets it and owns the c-arm?


Thank you,

Gina, CPC






Fluoroscopic x-rays

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire