mardi 24 février 2015

Open Cuff Repairs with Acromioplasty

Often times my surgeon will do an open cuff repair with a clavicle excision and an acromioplasty. I used to code these with the appropriate open code and then 29824 and 29823 (because the clavicle and acromio are done arthroscopically usually.)

I would use 29823 in place of 29826, because you can't bill 29826 with open repairs. However, as of last year, I understand you can no longer bill out 29823 with other arthroscopic procedures like 29824, because they are considered inclusive. (I think they've been considered inclusive for a while, but you used to be able to break them out if debridement was done in another compartment of the shoulder.)


So my question is, if this is the case, can I no longer bill out the 29823 for the acromioplasty, and only bill the open code for cuff repair along with 29824 for the clavicle? What would I code for the acromioplasty? I hope that makes sense.


Are there any shoulder experts out there who can help me?






Open Cuff Repairs with Acromioplasty

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire