samedi 16 mai 2015

Medicare codes

I am a new coder at my first coding job at a family practice. Per Medicare, as of April 1, 2015 we can no longer use code 99387/99397 for the annual wellness visit for over 65 patients, instead now we can only use G0438/G0439. My question is this: Does this apply to straight Medicare patients only or do I use this code for those patients with medicare replacements such as Humana Gold, Coventry Advantra, AARP medicare complete, Secure Horizons, etc also? Please advise as I am confused and the biller in my office is telling me that I have to use the G codes for the medicare replacements also. I am coding in Missouri.

Thanks,
Paula


Last edited by rogerandpaula@mchsi.com; Today at 02:21 PM. Reason: adding info

Medicare codes

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire