lundi 29 septembre 2014

Consolidated Billing - Explain it to me like I'm five

I've read a ton on consolidated billing, but I'm still having trouble grasping it. We regularly get pathology denied due to this.

So...a patient is in a skilled nursing facility...is that the only thing that causes consolidated billing rules to kick in? Are there other reasons such as therapy?


"Under the consolidated billing requirement, the SNF, or nursing home, bills Medicare for the entire package of care that residents receive during a covered Medicare Part A nursing home stay. The SNF also bills Medicare for physical, occupational, and speech therapy services received during a noncovered stay."


So, if we are asking patients, the only thing we should be checking for is skilled nursing right? We shouldn't be asking if they are in assisted living because that isn't the same thing here. I'm trying to understand it better so I can explain it to others better.


We can also bill the professional component of a pathology service, correct? So we would bill out 88305-26. How would the SNF be informed to bill out the technical component, 88305-TC?


I know this is a lot, but thank you for anyone who can help.






Consolidated Billing - Explain it to me like I'm five

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire