lundi 27 avril 2015

Simple Anesthesia billing questions

Hi, I will begin to bill for anesthesia in a GI practice soon. I have some basic question that I am having trouble getting answered.

1. For the units on the claim form do I put the time that we used the units that I calculate.

EX: If I have a patient who is a ASA P1 and is coming in for a colonoscopy. Total anesthesia time 60 minutes and they have no other qualifying circumstances.

Would I put on the claim 60 minutes or Would I put the units calculated below?

Colonoscopy base units (00810) = 5 units
P1 status = 0 units
Total time 60 minutes/ 15 = 4 units
TOTAL UNITS = 9 units

2. Do I include these status modifiers (P1, P2...) on the claim?

Thanks!!

Hayley Sutton, CPC-A



Simple Anesthesia billing questions

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire