lundi 27 juillet 2015

Mdicare Requiring Toxicology Tests??

OK...my doctor had a question for me. He does prescribe pain meds for some patients.
He also sees elderly patients in nursing homes.

Apparently some other doctor told him he would be required to drug test all his elder patients. That Medicare was going to require it.

I have never heard any such thing...but I HAVE heard of doctors doing unnecessary drug testing on Medicare patients in order to jack up the bill - and they do it in such a way as to stay within the law, but always getting around the intent of the law...and padding their pockets...which also would cause Medicare to start red-flagging you and getting all your claims scrutinized and records requested all the time, which I do not want my doctor to be getting into trouble.

I told my doctor not to do this unless:
A. We get something on Medicare letterhead saying we have to
B. We start getting claims rejected/pended requesting this information
or
C. Doctor has a very good reason to believe the patient is not talking the meds themselves (selling the pills) or is "doctor-shopping" - going to more than one doc to get more pain pills for the purpose of selling them, or feeding an addiction.

Otherwise, no testing.

Did I advise my doctor correctly?


Mdicare Requiring Toxicology Tests??

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire