mercredi 29 juillet 2015

Re: 99211

If anyone, or everyone, would share a little info with me re: the situation I have in the Free Clinic for which I volunteer a few hours each week about 99211:

This being the code of course used most frequently for the Nursing Staff, it seems to be regarded as not too important. However, from my view, I need it to be correct. Here is the question I need answers for before I set my Volunteer Foot down; I need to know whether 99211 must have a diagnosis code in the chart in order to be coded correctly?

The Nurses have been submitting a Billing Slip with sometimes a diagnosis code on it and sometimes not. I may be able to discern that they did a B/P check, and I know that is 401.9. But when I open the Chart, it reads "no diagnosis."

They have recently decided that I will use V65.8 as the diagnosis code for their activities; however, inside the Chart is continues to read, "no diagnosis."

Can this legally happen?

Thanks to anyone with some information.


Re: 99211

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire