lundi 24 août 2015

ICD-10 Coding questions

Please help! I know it's a lot to ask, but I need answers, I've tried getting them on my own, but need someone's expertise...
1. Does a well exam include vision & screening? Do I use Z01.00 only or what other?

2. For aftercare follow-up (pt. d/c from hosp.), do I use Z09?

3. What code do I use for surgical clearance? Do I code as a well visit with a pre-op diagnosis?

4. With 10, can we bill for nurse visit encounter? If nurse gives immunization, willl I only use Z23?

5. If a procedure billed is linked to 5 or 6 dx. codes, will I have to enter the procedure again on a second line to add the rest of the dx. code units? Since the CM1500 form can only hold 4 digits in the unit section (with zero charge, of course).

6. As a provider once asked me, where is the Pediatric bible for ICD-10-CM & where can I get one? Could this be the AAPC Coding for Pediatrics manual? When will it be available for purchase?

Audit question: With I-10, are auditors looking for something different than I-9? & how can I help my Dr. so we can make every effort possible to not get ding?

I know it's a lot of information but I am currently working with a Pediatrician & this field is completely new to me.


ICD-10 Coding questions

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire