lundi 29 décembre 2014

Unlisted code appropriateness

Hello,

I have questions and concerns in the numerous unlisted codes being reported on surgery claims coming through my department. The encounters are being coded by an outside company.

I've had almost 4 years of coding experience in just about every specialty and I have rarely used the unlisted codes. The amount unlisted codes being applied seem to be for things that are included in the surgical procedures listed. The procedures are not exactly new or out of the ordinary.


If there is any additional information that can be provided on reporting unlisted codes. Specifically in addition to other procedures being performed. My concern is that we may not be getting paid exactly what we should also possibly missing additional charges because frequent use of unlisted code.


Any feedback is much appreciated.






Unlisted code appropriateness

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire