jeudi 3 décembre 2015

AAE error 6 onm PT 12

Ya know, I was on Yosemite for a few months and these dumb AAE errors got worse and worse. My audio was running off an internal SSD drive on a 2012 Macbook Pro and it made absolutely no sense. I eventually formatted the entire mix rig, and reinstalled Mountain Lion and every app from scratch - something I really wasn't looking forward to doing, and that eventually took me over 5 days to completely straighten out. With over 350 plugin licenses, settings and sample libraries to reinstall, it wasn't something I enjoyed...but I will say, I have not had a single AAE message since doing it. My Yosemite partition was running great otherwise, and all other apps were fine, so I suspect that Yosemite is not a great Operating System for Pro Tools. Then again, neither is El Capitan, since I first tried building up a new rig for that before discovering that many of my plugins weren't supported and don't work (Plugin Alliance, namely, which is a huge one for me).

Mountain Lion rocked, still rocks and I hope it will for some time. I'll be quite pissed once it is longer supported. I don't believe in this yearly update of a major operating system and personally, I'd rather keep older Pro Tools rigs going just to get the job done. They're stable, solid, and these days can be had for very little on the used market.

My 2 cents...
Sig

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



AAE error 6 onm PT 12

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire