mardi 1 décembre 2015

Question about PCIe expansion for PT9 HD

Hi guys,
Running a PT9 HD2 here, 1 Core and 1 Accel. Just got Altiverb and realized too late how much DSP it eats. But I love how it sounds so I was thinking about expanding my HD rig with 1 or 2 more Accel cards, something I'd been thinking about doing anyway. But I don't want to spend a ton of money, if possible. PCIe to PCIe expansion still seems really expensive. I've seen these units around, that I think are approved, and are not too outrageously expensive:

http://ift.tt/1IlXVI1?

But they only have 3 slots, which means if I got 2 more Accel cards, I'd have to split up the Pro Tools cards, since I also have a UAD Octo card. So I guess it would be Core + Accel + PCIe expansion port card in the Mac. Then the 3 card expansion box would have 2 Accels and the UAD Octo. The question is - will this work? Or do all the Pro Tools cards have to sit together in sequence? I'm guessing they probably do, but just want to check.

Is there an affordable 4-slot expansion option? Then I could have all the 4 Pro Tools cards in the expansion box together, have the Octo in the Mac, and have one extra slot - maybe for another Octo at some point...?

How have other folks out there expanded their PT 9 / 10 rigs...?

Thanks!!! - Steve

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Question about PCIe expansion for PT9 HD

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire