samedi 28 novembre 2015

Craclking and warped sound during recording and playback

Hey guys! I REALLY need your help.

I am running the super old pro tools LE version 8 through an MBox 2 mini.
My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium.

Last month while I was recording I started to notice crackling. Weather it was in record ready or not. Playback and recording it was happening too. It started to get worse and worse until any play back sounds like a melted/warped tape.

I tried switching headphones in case that was any factor. It was not.
I tried restarting the computer
I tried getting a new MBox 2 mini thinking it was something to do with static and it was slightly better but not fixed.

I am out of ideas except for uninstalling the entire program and re installing it. This would run the risk of losing all of my previous songs. And I have hundreds. I am unsure if putting them on an external while I do this would matter or not.

I am aware it is an out of date system. But if I upgrade, all my music that is unfinished will become inaccessible through the new versions of pro tools. I need this to work so I can finish those songs and then I can upgrade.

Any explanation would be helpful and any ideas on how to correct this problem would be MOST welcome. I have deadlines I MUST meet this week and no recording program capable of what I need.

Thanks!

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Craclking and warped sound during recording and playback

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire