dimanche 29 novembre 2015

Things to consider when upgrading PT?

Hey Guys,

I'm quite new to this forum, so forgive me if I'm unaware of some rules, guidelines, functions etc.

I am currently running PT 8 LE (old - I know), and overall it suits my needs. However I understand that it is becoming more and more obsolete. so I'm considering upgrading to a newer version. Is it worth it for a small home studio?
I thought crossgrades were'nt available anymore, but I found one on Sweetwater to PT 12.
That version requires my hardware to have been bundled with PT LE to begin with. Since I'm using an 11R that I bought separately is there any way I can check if it's eligible or not?

And if I do decide to upgrade, either to 12 or another version newer than 8, what do I need to have in mind? I know that iLok is required for the newer versions, but I have no idea how that works... And will me sessions translate automatically to the new version?

If I decide on PT12, what can I do with my plugin library, since these are either VST or RTAS. I was actually considering getting rid of all of them for Waves Gold, since it seems to have everything I need. And I understand that it has AAX support.

A lot of questions, I know. But any help would be greatly appreciated.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Things to consider when upgrading PT?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire